Friday, June 18, 2010

Johnny gone down - Karan Bajaj

There may be couple of reasons as to why I may have liked "Johnny gone down" by Karan Bajaj.

1. My last read book was "Oh shit, not again!!" which was shitty..and there existed a possibility of me overrating an average book.
2. The person who lent me this book didn't have anything good to say about the book..so my expectations from the book were almost zilch...
3. I have not read "Keep of the grass" which is Karan Bajaj's debut novel...which meant, I was clueless about his writing style. This meant that I hadnt still formed any positive/negative opinion about him.


But, to my pleasant surprise, the actual reason why I liked the book is because... its good and it tends to break free from the conventional Indian author books... The story is good, the narrative and pace, excellent, and the book has a subtle underlying message.

Highly recommended!!

Rating: 4/5

2 comments:

FrostBite said...

One more book added to the "To Read" list....keep up the good work...which compels me to ask this....How you doin?

dreamcatcher said...

@frostbite: I am doing good dude...u tell me.. hows it going with u?