Friday, November 11, 2011

Strange but true

My phone rings..I am in a meeting.. Its my dad.

I move out of the conference room and answer the call..

"Yes Papa"

"Hold on for a minute.."

The next moment I hear a lady's voice "Hello"

"Hello"

"Whom am I speaking to Sir?"

I am puzzled.. "This is here"

"May I know your full name Sir"

Its getting weirder by the second.. I blabber out my full name ""

"Thank you Sir, I am XYZ from ICICI bank. Your dad here is holding a cheque issued by you"

"Yes..So?"

"Do you know the amount on the cheque?"

"No madam..but the person I just spoke to IS my dad, so whatever the amount please process the cheque."

"Sir, you have to confirm the amount on the cheque, or else I wont be able to process it"

"I am not aware of the amount Madam.. please process the cheque..My account number is blah..."

"Sir, For the your information the amount on the cheque is XXX. Should I process it?"

"YES MADAM. PLEASE DO SO!!"

"Ok Sir."

I am now waiting for my dad to come on the phone..

"Click!" The line goes dead the next minute. The call has been disconnected.

I am all smiles..I shrug my shoulders and rejoin the meeting.


Love you Dad!!

4 comments:

Gautam Raisinghani said...

That brought a smile to my face too

sudeep said...

too good :)

Sara said...

Haha well atleast she did her job properly!

D.Siddharth said...

awesome...nice
:P