Thursday, April 25, 2013

Friend in need....

I have this friend, whom I have known for almost 7 years. He is 4 years younger to me and a bachelor.

When we had first met, I was unmarried too. I remember how I yearned for company during the dull days of 2007-2008. This guy was always there to give me company...well..almost always!! We used to visit sidy bars and drink to our hearts fill. I can never thank him enough for being there when I needed someone to talk to.
Then I got married in 2009, natural order of things prevailed and and my outings with him/other guy friends became less regular.
Now, I have always believed that after 26 a normal person starts feeling lonely..even in a crowd. There is a hole created, even though friends and family are around. Only a wife can fill that hole. From the time you realize that this vacuum exists to the time you get married is when a person needs company desperately.
I have been through that in 2008-2009, and my friend is going through that now.
So, I make it a point to meet up with him whenever I can and spend some time over drinks...

After all, a friend in need....is a friend indeed :)

No comments: