Tuesday, November 4, 2008

First 500 kms


As per the user manual,

“For the first 500 kms, avoid revving above 4000 rpm and driving above 40 kmph.”

Every time I hit the streets on my bike, I am subconsciously subdued. My attention is on the speedometer and the tachometer constantly. I am careful not to cross the line. I am holding myself back, and believe me it is very difficult.

But all it takes is a less worthy vehicle overtaking me. I take that as an insult to my machine and me. After this I am Me and the user manual can go to hell.

Cheers!

4 comments:

Indrani said...

hehehheheheh :P

FrostBite said...

even after 5000kms is till have my eyes half glued on the speedo to see what speed i am doing.......and nobody gets away after insulting me on the bike......cheers!

Gautam Raisinghani said...

I would say - do follow the manuals for the 1st 2 services at least.

At around 10000 kms - change your engine oil to Synthetic - Mobil 1 and you are set boy.

You know where to find me when you need anything.

dreamcatcher said...

@ normally_crazy: I am surely gonna bother for tips related to motorbike maintainence.