Sunday, November 2, 2008

Golmaal returns!

I decided to watch this movie ignoring the circulating rumors. Lots of friends warned me that the movie is not up to the mark.
But I was in for a surprise. The movie is truly a sequel to its predecessor which I had the pleasure watching at least five times (thanks to the Volvo buses). Nevertheless, I had enjoyed it every time.
Most of the characters are maintained from the first movie (though they are in a different role). Shreyas Talpade makes up for the missing Sharman Joshi. Tushar Kapoor is great in his goonga avatar. Ajay Devgan does a repeat from the first movie. Kareena is looking awesome (the other three females are good too :), but Kareena takes the cake). Wasooli Bhai and the Cobra gang guy do their part as well. Amrita Arora disappoints yet again. Arshad Warsi could have been given a better character; his piece in the movie isn’t too great.
Go to the theatres, shut off your brains and enjoy this roller coaster ride.

No comments: