Saturday, June 28, 2008

Expectations

From wiki:
"In the case of uncertainty, expectation is what is considered the most likely to happen. An expectation, which is a belief that is centred on the future, may or may not be realistic. A less advantageous result gives rise to the emotion of disappointment. If something happens that is not at all expected it is a surprise. An expectation about the behavior or performance of another person, expressed to that person, may have the nature of a strong request, or an order."

EXPECTATION has spoiled my day again!!
Is there a solution? Can we stop expecting? Why do we expect in the first place?
In my case the closeness of the person who betrays my expectation is directly proportional to the amount of hurt it causes to me.
And in my case its not uncertainty which caused expectation which in turn caused hurt. It was a thing mutually decided on. The people involved knew what exactly has been decided, what is to be done and what the outcome would be. But the outcome has not turned out as per my expectation. I have been hurt again because of this 11-lettered word.
But who cares about me??No one.

No comments: