Friday, September 26, 2008

Making an effort!

Over a period of two years my office bag had grown heavier. Usually my interaction with my beloved bag is restricted to me thrusting my hand inside to search for a specific item. My fingers encounter innumerable items (which i subconsciously ignore), between which lies hidden, the thing I am searching for.
Yesterday, I finally decided to check out what had made my bag heavier. When I emptied the contents of the bag on my bed, I was pleasantly surprised to see things that I had unknowingly been carrying with myself everyday. Here is a list of the items that I had no clue about. A packet of Eno, a lighter (I have quit smoking almost a year back), some bills (dating from 2006 to now), a strip of some medicine (I am still not able to place when and why I had bought this strip), lots of movie tickets, lots of Volvo bus receipts, three broken pens, an eraser (????), lot of mints (mentos, chlormint, mintofresh, etc), lots of posts (some of them not opened yet), lots of waste printouts (study material of things I know pretty well now), some polythene bags (???), a Sony phone charger (I am using a Samsung cell since two years), lots of keys (still figuring out where they fit), a lot of visiting cards (of unknown people, whom I have met and forgotten), two doctor prescriptions, lots of ATM machine receipts and my long lost office ID card.
I have disposed of most of the unwanted stuff from my bag. The bag is lighter now.

I wish it was as easy to get rid of the countless, unnecessary, unwanted stuff stored in the mind. Things that we carry inside ourselves unknowingly. Things that we don’t need any longer, but they are there, weighing us down. Cleansing of the mind is difficult indeed!!

2 comments:

Vaibhav said...

Good Job!Should be done every six month.

Indrani said...

LOL..
i cud so much relate to the first part... bag simply cluttered... :)

anyway... nice co relation in the second part :)