Friday, September 18, 2009

Girls will be girls

One of my good friends was in town last week. Amongst the many things we did, we visited this huge store. My friend wanted to buy imitation jewellery for his wife. My mom suggested this shop, which as per her had a better collection and at lower prices than its competitors.


So, off we went! Ohh myy…behold!! The store was a girls dream in the literal sense. It housed everything from small hair clips to beauty products to small fitness equipments. I was spellbound. I could just stare at a thousand varieties of rings and earrings and necklaces and bangles that dazzled in the well-lit store. Apart from jewellery, there were countless branded beauty products. There were products to make you fair and products to give you a tan. There were products to make you oily (the ones for dry skin) and ones to make the oil vanish. There were things to color your hair and things to make the colors go away. There were items to make you look younger and make your skin glow. Lotions, creams, gels, powders, etc, etc and .. only God knows what else…it all came across as witchcraft to me.

I just joked about this to the store owner “ Agar ladkiyon ne makeup karna chod diya to bahut saari companies band ho jayengi.”

The shopkeeper, a balding middle-aged gentleman, replied back in a serious tone “Ladkiyan mar sakti hai, magar sajna savarna band nahi kar sakti.”

I just smiled.

How true!!!

1 comment:

Indrani said...

(*^*(&$^%&^$%#$%(*&(*

Don't Generalise X(

Some bashing from me coming up your way...