Thursday, August 28, 2008

Illusion

The lights seem brighter and they hurt. The monitor looks dull and my eyes water when I stare too long. My fingers pain when I type. The food tastes worse than it actually is. It actually is tasteless, so it cannot taste bad. The bad smells around me seem worse and the good ones seem bad. The melody from my favorite songs is missing today. It’s taking an hour for every minute to pass. My mind is working slower than usual too. It’s getting heated up faster today. Even my jokes are crankier and weird. My conversations with most people are monosyllabic. The good guys seem average today and I am avoiding the bad ones. My work output is negative today. I beat my last record of zero work output. I am feeling either too cold or too hot in here. At 23 degrees I shiver, at 24 I sweat. I want to sleep but I know that I won’t be able to when I hit the bed.

The world is truly an illusion created by the mind. Because everything is the same as it was yesterday. It’s just that I am ill.

1 comment: