Sunday, March 15, 2009

How was your day?

How was your day?

I wake up late today and miss my office bus. Then I take an auto and get stuck in a big jam. By the time I reach office, it was half past eleven. I open my mailbox and see that there is a huge amount of work already queued up. As soon as I start with work, I get interrupted by my boss. He wants me to attend this meeting with the clients. The meeting could have been shorter if the clients had brains. It literally took me one hour to explain what a child could have understood in ten minutes. I grab a mug of coffee after the meeting to soothe my headache. I start with my pending work while more work keeps pouring in. I have a quick lunch and I am back in a meeting which is even worse than the earlier one. After the meeting, my boss asks me to complete the whole work by evening and I am like “are you nuts?” How can he expect me to do my work while all I am doing is attending meetings? I try my best to wrap up as much as possible. Issues keep popping up and I am not 100% into what I am doing. Its eight already and all I want to do is leave office. I try to sneak out, but get unlucky and meet my boss in the parking lot. I assure him that I will finish the pending work tomorrow. I take an auto and get stuck in a traffic jam again. I reach home and all I can think of is crashing on the bed. How was your day?

It was OK.

2 comments:

Indrani said...

LOLz... good one... tried sneaking... something tht each one of has done atleast a couple of times with the same outcome as yours... LOL

Princess said...

hehe..nice one!! :))