Friday, March 13, 2009

Perspective

There are three of us. We are sitting at a beautiful restaurant overlooking a lake.

Excerpts from our conversation:

“Lets do something about life. We know that we are amongst the best, so why work for companies who rake in profits for the work that we do.”

“Life!! Life sucks where I work, but it feels good to get paid at the end of the month. Stability!”

“All we need is an idea that will set us rolling, we should at least try. We aren’t doing justice to our potentials. We could be millionaires”

“I have stopped running behind money. I have realized that there are more important things to life than money.”

“Its not only about money. Money is definitely a part of it, but it’s more about looking at yourself in the mirror and being able to face yourself. The way we are leading our lives, we are going no where.”

“I am not up to it anymore. I can’t imagine leaving my job and risking failure. There is too much at stake.”

“You can either lie back and let life take you where it wants to or you can take it in your hands and lead life to where you want to go.”

“Enough of your fundas. Captain, one kingfisher!”

"One for me too!!"

"Make that three, Captain!"

6 comments:

FrostBite said...

Hmmmm.......important fundas though...

Indrani said...

something that a group of Software engineers keep talking about...

Gautam Raisinghani said...

Software engineers ? Technically yes - since I was outnumbered 2-1 :p

Princess said...

yep..generally a topic of discussion among engineers...its always hard to choose between.."what I want to do" and "What I m suppose to do?"

but some ppl do what they want to...i hv seen a senior grp of 3 friends from KJSCE used to discuss the same n finally established a finance firm & running it successfully since last 5 years...

Sayali said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sayali said...

The three of them should atleast give it a shot ... it will save a lot of beer cans :)