Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Bad day

I got up late today and missed my morning office bus. The only reason i get up at 6:45 a.m. everyday is to catch the 7:30 a.m. office bus. This bus takes 1/5th the time to reach office than the 9:00 a.m. bus which takes forty minutes to cover ten kms. The reason it takes five times more time to reach office is because four out of every five IT person has chosen this time (between 9 and 10) to reach the IT park (where my office is). Considering that more than 25k people work at the IT park, the only road which takes us to the IT park is overfilled with all kinds of vehicles during this hour.

Coming back to me getting up late! It was only 7:30 a.m. Ninety minutes to 9.00 a.m. I had a lot of time to kill and this added to my frustration. I decided to shave and then decided against it. I decided to take care of my sore throat. Turmeric milk early in the morning!! Unfortunately the quantity of milk I boiled was more than what I could digest. I ended up with a heavy stomach which I don’t prefer in the mornings. Switched on the T.V., scanned through a few channels and turned if off again. Somehow I cannot relate to T.V. in the mornings. Checked the time. 8:00 a.m. Decided to take a long, lazy shower. Was ready to leave by 8:30 a.m.

Decided to take a pit stop at the local chaiwalla to kill time despite my rumbling stomach (never again, turmeric milk in the morning). Had the usual cutting chai. Sent the usual good morning sms to my bunch of friends, finished the chai and reached my bus stop at 9:50 a.m. This is the time when buses for many companies leave and there is a lot of crowd at the bus stops. Good crowd! Had a good time bird watching!! Checked my cell phone for the time. 9:05 a.m.

All the birds flew away in sometime, but I was still standing here. Turned down a lift from an office colleague who commutes by car. Called up another colleague who boards the bus before me and heard the good news that bus will be late. So I waited and waited...till 9:15 when the bus finally arrived. It had a new driver who probably was the reason for the delay. Swearing under my breath I boarded the bus and within a few moments was fast asleep. A sudden jerk woke me up. Check the time again and the location too. 9:40…bad time to wake up! Traveling in the midst of heavy traffic and pollution. Another 15 minutes to go!!! Why the hell did I have to wake up at this point? Why is God so unkind to me? Amongst infinite such thoughts, I finally reached office at 10:00 a.m.

I was all set for breakfast. The early morning milk had settled down and my stomach was growling for food. But as it usually happens on a bad day, there was a long queue for breakfast. We had sandwiches for breakfast today. I glanced at the container in which the delicious (the usage of this word is due to extreme hunger) sandwiches were parked. I counted them. There were 6 sandwiches left in all. Then I counted the number of people in the queue who were ahead of me. Nine!! Damn it!! I called the canteen boy and brought this to his notice. He absent mindedly said that he had already noted this and placed an order for more sandwiches which will take fifteen more minutes to arrive.
I cursed out aloud and left the place. I decided to grab a quick bite at the near by restaurant. Finally at 10:30 a.m., I finally had my breakfast.

It has been more than three hours since I have woken up. Usually I am done with half of my day's work by this time. But today is different. I am having a bad day!!

But the good part is that I have decided to spend the day on my own terms. I will not do any work in office today.
I am feeling better already…

No comments: