Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The Great Indian Trust Vote.

What I saw on a news channel last night has forced me to write this article. The article is related to politics. Politics, which neither interests me nor influences me!

It was a politician from the winning side. The side which won the Trust vote! Hehehe….what a word to use…Trust vote!!! Trust vote??

Coming back to the politician on air! He was surrounded by people who were trying desperately to be seen on television. They were all shouting some nonsense (which I believe is their way of celebrating the victory). And one of them was dancing too (Salute to him). Our hero was saying calmly “We knew we would win. All our supporters have strong belief in our party. They have sided with the truth yet again and I congratulate them on their decision. Like in the past we have proved that we are the ones chosen by fellowmen to be in power and work for India. All the allegations, related to bribing of legislative members, by the opposition are baseless. Why would there be a need to bribe people to support us? We know that they believe in us. Our party stands for Honesty and Sincerity. We have proved this again today.” All this while he couldn’t keep of that wide smile of his face. I wondered if he actually wanted people to believe him.

For me it would have made no difference even if the party in opposition had won. They are no better than the ruling guys.

But after witnessing this, should I be proud to be an Indian?

No comments: