Saturday, July 12, 2008

My Brother Nikhil

Saw "My Brother Nikhil" today. For those who don’t know about this movie, it’s about how a state swimming champion Nikhil’s (Sanjay Suri) life changes after he is diagnosed HIV+. The movie is also about how society (including his parents) changes its behavior towards him once the news of his illness becomes public. During these adverse times of his life his sister (Juhi Chawla) and his gay partner cum friend (Purab) stand by him, fight for him and support him.

The movie is beautiful because of the message it delivers.

The song “Le Chale” manages to touch ones heart even if one has not watched the movie.

I highly recommend this movie to all.

1 comment:

Gautam Raisinghani said...

I agree. Sensitively directed and beautifully potrayed by Sanjay Suri, the movie had me weeping tears.

I would give it a 4/5 and a absolute must watch status.