Friday, July 11, 2008

Mark Twain

I consider Mark Twain as one of the best writer of all times. I am presently enjoying a compilation of his works called "The complete short stories of Mark Twain". His style of writing is unparallel and the characters he creates are out of this world. I have read Tom Sawyer, Huckleberry Finn "n" number of times and enjoyed it every time. His style of humor, satire and creativity leaves me spellbound every time I am going through his works.


The following MarkTwain short stories are my favorites:


The notorious Jumping frog of Calaveras county
The Canvasser's tale
Science vs. Luck
What stumped the Bluejays
The McWilliamses and the Burglar alarm
The Stolen White elephant (this is the best of the lot)
The professor's Yarn
The Diary of Adam and Eve
The Invalid's Story

No comments: