Friday, July 18, 2008

Whats new? -Final part

She was the most beautiful female I had ever seen in my life. Even from a distance I could make out her beautiful eyes and her stunning smile. She wore no make up and was dressed in a simple cream-colored salwar kameez and that made her even more beautiful. I have always believed that beauty is simplicity. And this female here was a goddess! She would have been a fairy if she had wings! I was struck by lightning, as Mr. Michael Corleone was in Sicily. “But why isn’t she coming inside the class?” I wondered.


“Is this FYJC class C?” she asked someone. In a moment there were a couple of guys next to her waiting for her next query. “Damn it!” For the first time in my life I cursed myself for being a backbencher. There they were like bees on a flower and here I was miles away stuck between my langoor friends.


She went to the blackboard and wrote down her name “Miss. Perin Zariwala”. “What a way to introduce oneself!” I thought. I felt like going and writing my name next to hers and drawing “a heart with the arrow pierced through it” between our names. My heart! I almost expected her to write her address or phone number next. But she kept the chalk down on the desk and broke my heart. “Hi everyone! I am your lecturer for English.” The class suddenly went silent and I almost fainted. “Today is my first day too in this college. So lets make quick introductions and then get started with English”. I couldn’t believe it. “What are the chances of a college student’s love for his teacher being reciprocated? None!!” I wondered. “Don’t give up without a fight dude!! Introductions..Hmmm!”


After the introductions made by my ordinary classmates, who recited their names, school names and interests like parrots, it was finally my turn. I was prepared. “Hi Perin” I said and paused for effect. “I am Dreamcatcher.” I said and sat down. “Hey, don’t you want to share about your interests like everyone here?” “I am interested in English literature, English language, English grammar, English food, English clothes and anything that is even remotely associated with English. Apart from English, I am also interested in the Parsi language, Parsi culture, Parsi food, and Parsi people.” “Interesting! You are different. Whats your name again?” she said and I could make out a faint blush on her cheeks. “Dreamcatcher” I said. “Message delivered and acknowledged.” I thought and my mind already started planning on how to get her phone number.


The next moment I felt a nudge on my shoulders. It was Akash. “Its your turn” he said. “Huh. What turn??” “Dude, it is your turn to introduce yourself.” I stood up hesitantly but my tongue was tied to my throat. “I…I am Dreamcatcher. I…. I.. was in so n so school. My interests are … cricket, football and music” I blurted out with difficulty and sat down feeling like a moron. The hour passed by in a jiffy. All I did throughout was stare at her and day dream about us. We in a movie theatre, we on a cruise, we on a hill station..etc etc. I cursed the bell when it rang. I had never imagined myself cursing the bell. The same bell which had been a rescuer during the boring lectures in school had become my enemy.


In a few minutes we were outside college. A few more discussions about here and there and we decided to call it a day. The group of seven broke up. The three of us headed to our bus stop. My friends were still enjoying the view around. Lots of beautiful girls all around! But I wasn’t interested anymore. I was still in the class studying English with Miss Perin. The walk to the bus stop, the return bus journey and the final goodbyes for the day to my friends is still a blur to me. Isn’t that what love does to you?


In bed that night I wondered what a first day in college it had been!! My first day in college had given me a new identity, a new domain, new friends and most importantly.. LOVE.

3 comments:

Princess said...

Hey..its Nice..Final & First part are awesome...Very well written!!
Even though its differnt from a girl's point of view...but it certainly brings back the memories :)
your Fiction writing skills are getting better n better :)

mindblogger said...

I second the lady's opinion on ur skills .. way to go mate ..

sudeep said...

I would say Raheja in making, but far better than him !!